RBT, Open Tip set
Quantity in Basket:
Catalog No.: RBTO-4-H
Shipping Weight: 8.00 pounds
RBTO-4-H rebated boattail, open-tip 4-die set consists
of these dies:
The die set makes open tipped, rebated boattail jacketed
bullets. You can add a CS-1-H core seating die to add the
ability to make flat base bullets, and a LT-1-H lead tip
forming die to make lead tips.
- CSW-1-H core swage
- BT-1-H boattail preforming die
- BT-2-H rebated boattail finishing die
- PF-1-H point forming die
SEE TIP DESIGN INFORMATION
Note that when people say "hollow point" they sometimes confuse this with "open tip". The "open tip" is the default style, the one you get if you don't specify other kinds of punches. The "open tip" seating punch MUST be a very snug fit into the bullet jacket, often too large to fit by hand pressure alone. The diameter depends on the jacket wall thickness at the point where the core wil be seated. That is, a tapered jacket wall gets thicker toward the jacket base, so a short or light core will require a smaller diameter open tip punch compared to a longer, heavier core. Jacket samples or specific dimensions would be rquired for jackets other than those provided by Corbin (we know our own jacket wall thickness).
- Open tip = core is shorter than the jacket, so bullet has little or no exposed lead when ogive is formed.
- Lead tip = core is longer than the jacket, so bullet has exposed lead tip when ogive is formed.
- Open tip Hollow Point = core is shorter than jacket, and the external seating punch has a conical projection poking a hole in the core.
- Lead tip hollow Point = core is longer than jacket, and the externl seating punch has a conical projection poking a hole in the core.
IF you order without any special note to tell us otherewise, we will assume that your standard, open tip punch fits our jacket and your core weight will be such that the core is seated relatively close to the open jacket end. If you then try to make a much lighter bullet, with a shorter core, the open tip seating punch provided will be too large for seating at that depth in some jackets (those with much of a taper to the wall). You can order additional core seating external punches to fit if you send us a sample jacket and the weight of core you plan to use (or if you are using our jackets, just tell us the weight or the length of the core you plan to use),
Please note that a LT punch, or a LT-HP punch, does not fit into the jacket ID. It is sized to fit into the die bore. Therefore, the jacket you use with a LT punch or LT-HP punch does not matter to the punch diameter. Only the OT or the OT-HP punches fit into the jacket ID, and must be properly sized for the jacket wall thickness.